Eurodancehits.com review of "Live In Sweden" album

Post by Administrator » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:07 pm

Title: Live In Sweden - reviewed on 05/14/06
Artist: THE TWINS
Format: CD ALBUM
Label: Passion Factory (Germany)
Rating: *****

Review:
Kindly file this review in the "better late than never" category. One of Germany's best synth-pop groups of all time are back once again with this 'best of' live CD recorded in Gothenburg, Sweden of last year. Sven Dohrow and Ronny Schreinzer (aka. THE TWINS) have been writing and performing now for 26 years and thankfully don't seem to be slowing down at all. Any competent Eurodance fan already knows many of their signature hits like "Not the Loving Kind", "Love Is Blind", "Love System", "Face To Face - Heart To Heart", and my personal favorite "The Desert Place". The music generated by these guys is so, so, so incredibly catchy from a melodic standpoint that the songs almost don't require vocals. Let me put it another way; you are literally guaranteed to remember a TWINS song from its initial play! That my friends, is talent. This 17 song CD is a dream come true for TWINS fans as they get to hear the boys announce their songs before they sing them along with the crowd's devoted attention in the background. Crooning lead vocals from Ronny Schreinzer are in the same category of Heaven 17's Glenn Gregory and the Human League's Philip Oakey. Ironically, all three of those vocalists started their pop careers right about the same time as well. "Live In Sweden" is a definite must have for fans of THE TWINS and Eurodance foamers everywhere.

Reviewed by TROY MATTHEWS
A man must do what a man must do.