Our first time with Sven, Ronny and their music

Conversations about The Twins and their music
hubi_bungi

Our first time with Sven, Ronny and their music

Post by hubi_bungi » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:36 pm

The updated forum seems to be a bit empty so I think that a new thread about our first time with the Twins and their music should be a good beginning for this section.

I'm sure that you would actually ask how did I become a Twins-sympathizant? Well, it wasn't that really long ago, we have to move back almost two years in the past ...

So, everything happened during the Christmas Eve in 2015. After the prayers, reading the Bible, eating a huge ceremonial dinner made of 12 spices (an old polish tradition 😉) and singing some Christmas carols, my mum decided to play some music from our cassette deck. She put the album "Classics - Remixed" inside and pressed the playback-button. After some longer time I could remember some of the titles from this album.
I've already heard them when I was a small kid, for the first time in our car which had a tape deck, it was the title A1 "Desert Place" back in the summer of 2002. Even today I can hear that back then I was playing with this album as a small kid because I've recorded "Be my Lover" by La Bouche in two places of the mentioned track (thankfully only a matter of three-five seconds so the drum part didn't entirely disappear, always having a smile while hearing it because the recorded material sounds so deformed and also because of the memories when my mum saw what I've just done 😄), but as I've told you it was actually quite hard to guess them because of this specific atmosphere in our house, the Christmas-atmosphere filled out with love and joy.
While playing the B-Side of the album there was a song that really caught my attention, I actually felt a bit sad while listening to it, it was the title B3 "Heaven in Your Smile". The interesting fact is that our tape-deck plays everything back with some lower speed and pitch (depends from the deactivated function for high-speed dubbing) but for me personally it sounds actually better. Back to the title: it was simply beautiful, I honestly felt some tears under my eyes during the piano-sections after the second refrain and in the ending.
After B4 (Facts of Love) there was the title with which I completely fell in love - B5 "Between The Woman and You"... I was almost crying, it was some kind of enormous emotion/feeling while listening to it, I still have no clue what was the reason for it, I'll never forget those moments... I would also never ever imagine that analog source of music would sound so beautiful - this was also the beginning of my love to analog music, the love to turntables and tape-decks. It sounds different than the digital way of listening to music and the fact of having a physical object like a vinyl record, reel-to-reel tape or something similar can make you really proud of it. Btw. - audio cassettes are experiencing some kind of renaissance, especially in the U.S. ... It's quite interesting, though 😄.

I hope that you've enjoyed my short story of my real beginning with Sven, Ronny and their music!

Put your thoughts about your first time with our "heroes" down below 😉
Last edited by hubi_bungi on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marica

Re: Our first time with Sven, Ronny and their music

Post by Marica » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:25 am

My history begins in 1983 listening to the radio for first time Face to Face Heart to Heart, after the other hits they disappear in Italy.
In 2011 I find them on internet and with my pleasnt surprise :o I discover so many songs .
In 2012 I can register on forum and the rest is current history ...... :)
Try to believe that it's true ......

Marica

Post by Marica » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Among the songs that hit me ther's " On the Other Side " I love it ! And the Swing Version too.
Hubert is right , " Between the woman and you " sounds melancholic ....... sad ..... :( :(

RetroDan16

Post by RetroDan16 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:47 pm

My first time was only a few months ago, I was searching for some synth pop on YouTube and 'Face to Face' came up in the suggestions. One thing led to another, and 4 hours later I'd ploughed through scores of Twins' videos and songs, decided I really liked their sound through all eras and then looked into finding out more about them which bought me to the forum!
So I'm a relative newbie, but I think over the last few months I've made up for that by listening all the time, pretty much every day in fact!

eplasm

Post by eplasm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:59 am

This is something I have waited for all my years and you have to know this is something different

eplasm

Post by eplasm » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:19 am

Dear god, my contribution!
A friend of mine made me a cassette tape from his primitive sony tape recorder and he added ' I'm Staying Alive and 'Face - to Face and put that little explosion on a cassette and that is a
seed that the rest of you follow with honor and I still remember being on the top of the SF Spriritualist church and listening to this
album

Marica

Post by Marica » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:40 am

I know that you The Twins, have answered many times to this question but I don't remember your answer on the old forum and then I reformulate the question:

have you ever been to the Sanremo festival in the eighties?

I know that you participated in many events in Italy in those years, I also know that all this is in the book that unfortunately we who do not speak German we are waiting for the English version.🤗

Ronny

Post by Ronny » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:19 am

Yes, we were invited to the San Remo festival one or two times as a special guest outside of the song competition.

Ronny
Sometimes I will nevertheless take "no no" for an answer (when necessary) :shh:

Marica

Post by Marica » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:42 pm

And do you remember any of the other foreign guests present there?
What a pity there are no videos related to the performance.
It will have been 1983/84.

Who knows if you will play at next Sanremo Festival......
It will be in February.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:00 pm

I only remember Depeche Mode and Nena who performed there on the same night.
A man must do what a man must do.