A concert in Hungary

Conversations about everything else not directly related to The Twins
agnes

A concert in Hungary

Post by agnes » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:05 pm

Exactly 33 years ago, on the 4th July, 1985, At 8 Pm, I had my seat with huge excitement on the stand of a court in Győr, a hungarian town.

I knew that I would meet world wide famous stars at that night.
I used to have just very little information about the Twins.
I used to know that a blonde, and a brown haired boy played catchy, synthi music, which comes with a cool, erotical, low voice of singing.
Until 1985 I got to know only 3 Twins songs, such as: Ballet dancer, Face to face, Not the loving kind.
I recorded them on a cassette, and listened to them again, and again.
When I first saw the large poster of the concert in the town, I immediately felt that being there is a must for me.
Now, from the viewing of 33 years, my decission seems definitely perfect.

There was a hot, summer night, I was 16, and never had been at any concert before.
By 9 Pm it became dark, and the concert began.
It was a real miracle, I can call it a kind of magic as well.
Such songs followed each other that have become legends since then.
My heart beats faster nowadays whenever I hear Wild romance since this song used to have the biggest influence at me, the voice of the saxophone as it was flying in the hot summer night... It was unforgettable.
I still hardly find the correct words what a fantastic concert’s participant I could be, and 3 other occassions since then.

A hectic movie was directed for me by life the last 33 years.
There were ups, and downs, but an only thing never has changed.
The Twins’ music always was with me, and helped me through all the hard periods.

Thank you Ronny Schreinzer and Sven Dohrow that then, and there you made me being your fan.
Attachments
Ungarn_Győr_Ticket.jpg
Ticket
Ungarn_Győr_Ticket.jpg (24.22 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Ungarn_Győr_Poster.jpg
Poster

Gabi

Re: A concert in Hungary

Post by Gabi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:49 pm

:clap:
You wrote a great memorabilia with full of wonderful emotions.
I exactly know what you felt at that night since I used to have a similar experience with similar feelings, just 5 days later, on the 9th of July, in my hometown, Szeged.
I was also 16, and I still can recall the feeling from the deepmentside of my soul.
Thank you Ági!
LOVE YOU TWINS.

djchriskap

Re: A concert in Hungary

Post by djchriskap » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:21 pm

Thanks for this fine description. I came with my girlfriend from Eastern Germany to the Balaton for our vacation. It should be the summer of 1985 too. We found rests of little Information-Flyers on the trees with "The Twins - Live in Fonyod", exactly these little violet Flyers that you've posted here. I pulled one of them from the tree and take it with me - we are sad, the date of this concert was over, we were too late in Hungary. :cry: But thank you for the pictures and the memories! djchriskap, Saxonia, Germany